Sunday, September 22, 2019

Dreams

There were two semi-remembered dreams from last night. The first was more of a memory, while the latter was one of those random ones.

The first was when I was living abroad. I was in my local pub, having a drink and chatting to the barman, who I'd quickly befriended. In fact, I was friends with all of the bar staff actually. That wasn't difficult, there were only three. As I was the only customer in the bar, I had the choice of music. The barman on duty had created a dozen or so playlists that he was able to put on that would last a good few hours. I selected one that had a lot of soul and funk in it. I was in that kind of mood. A while later, the bar started to fill.

A woman arrived in and, while standing at the bar waiting to get served, asked for a change in music.

"Put on a different playlist," she demanded. "Number Seven is the best!"

Playlist Seven was really not my cup of tea and, in all honesty, I was sick of hearing it. The barman turned to look at me. He knew my thoughts on PL7.

"Nooooo! Stick with this one," was my retort. "It's better! We can change to something different when it ends."

The woman turned to look at me. She would have been slightly older than I was at the time. Or she was a decade older and looked after herself. I couldn't tell. She was attractive though.

"Sounds like someone needs to get laid. Chill out!"

I hadn't thought my reply was angry or anything. I actually thought it was quite playful. It was an interesting reaction.

"Are you offering?" I asked, smiling. The barman laughed out loud.

"You wish!" She looked as if she was going to say something else but couldn't think of anything. She settled with ordering a drink and moved away.

When she returned a little later for another drink, we ended up talking for most of the evening. She was good fun, if a little arrogant. We were part of a small group left as the bar was closing, well into the early hours of the next morning. I lived about twenty minutes walk away. As did she, albeit in the opposite direction.

"Will you walk me home?" she asked. I looked at the barman and he winked at me.

"Sure" I replied.

And I think you can tell what happened from here. There haven't been many times when a woman has actually, literally thrown herself at me, but this was one of them. It was late the next day when I eventually made my way home.

And the second dream was work-related. I think. Well, the setting of the dream was work. I was being shifted around many different desks, but each time I was allocated one and had started to settle, they would decide I had to move elsewhere. This was continuing as I woke up and was, in the dream, the cause of immense frustration. I can't figure out what that was all about.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...