Thursday, June 22, 2017

What, what?

CC sent a text as I was leaving work to ask if I wanted to go out for dinner. I had half-expected her to suggest going for a walk, but it was that humid and muggy last night, I'd never have bothered.

But dinner was a different matter. CC wanted to sit outside somewhere so we left the city to try a couple of excellent gastropubs along the coast. The first was fully booked - that was no surprise. The second had stopped serving food outside by the time we arrived down. We had a third option to consider, but CC decided we'd settle.

As we were led to our seats, I noticed a large party of people sat in the corner. I immediately spotted a guy who works for the same company as myself and CC. However, the interesting bit was the girl sat beside him. At first glance, it looked like CB. I pretty much did a double-take. Even at second glance, it looked like CB.

Annoyingly, CC took the seat facing the party, so my opportunities to investigate further were limited. By the time we were leaving the pub, I'd had enough glances to know that it wasn't CB... but I've never seen a lookalike who is that much of a doppelganger.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...