I'm hoping that the stresses of the past five months are now over. The latest project has been delivered and while I expect flaws to be found, I can at least say that it's not because of a lack of effort or quality on my part.
I spoke to one of my local managers today about the situation with the remote guy and I believe I have a direction. I've sent an email that explains how stressed I am, why I believe I'm stressed, where I could have done better around this (communication, mainly) and yet state that despite all that, I've actually done well in difficult circumstances. There are undercurrents to it - my boss needs to be more aware of what's going on etc. but I'm hoping that it starts a conversation.
In other news, which may or many not be related to the work stuff, I've recently noticed a bit of hair loss. It seems to be quite obvious in some lighting conditions but not in others. Sadly, hair loss is not a trait that runs in either side of my family, so if it's genetic rather than stress related, then it's yet another physical condition that I seem to have picked up from nowhere that doesn't affect anyone else in the family.
Oh and I arrived home to a card from Royal Mail. Someone has tried to deliver something, but I wasn't in and it's too big for my letter box. Has my dream come true and Jessica Alba has mailed herself to me?
Me, talking about the things that I find interesting or general stuff that's going on in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just do it.
Today, I've been swapping text messages with USHW, and as part of that, I've been sharing my plans for the house and the work involv...
-
Following on from this post I've got my hands on this year's first shortlist for the High Street Honeys award. How will the ladies ...
-
Today, I decided that it's been far too long since I've seen QC2, so I sent a text message in the hope that she'll reply soon. E...
No comments:
Post a Comment