Friday, June 16, 2017

Oh FFS.

Suffice to say that it didn't take long for the first (and hopefully only) flaw to be found. Typically, it was just as I was starting to feel less anxious and looking forward to a few days off. So instead of leaving the office at 5 PM for a relaxing weekend, it was near 7 PM before I left and I'm back to being stressed out again.

The timing was interesting - I'd literally just sent my email to my remote boss, detailing all the stuff I was dealing with, when the report came in. I'm back in the office on Tuesday, but our next chat isn't due until Wednesday.

It'll be interesting to see how that goes and how much attention that remote boss has been paying. As I implied in my email, while there have been issues, they are a result of poor management rather than carelessness on my part, though they were avoidable.

A few months ago, my remote boss told me that we were a team player. We did what it takes to get the job done. Well, I did that, and flaws are slipping through the net. It's not just me - other people aren't doing their job. Funny how, as a team player, remote boss seems to single out individuals for criticism without ever giving any credit.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...