Thursday, February 02, 2017

Threes

They say that things happen in threes, and it especially seems like bad things do.

I should have known.

My long-awaited appraisal was today, weeks after it should have happened. My manager was positive, complimentary about my work etc. but the scores simply didn't match what he was saying or what I thought I had both accomplished and brought to the team.

Last year, I told other managers exactly what I was going to score, that my evidence would be ignored and that all the things that my company says are important, aren't.

Take on more responsibility! Be pro-active! Be flexible when it comes to your work patterns! Lead others! Encourage collaboration and inclusion!

Or, y'know, don't because you won't get the appreciation for it.

Now I have to go in and have yet another fight, like I did this time last year, for the same reasons because my concerns have neither been recognised or rectified.

And KfW2 was talking about how tight money is right now, so the rearrangement of the night out is not likely to be any time soon.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...