Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Again?

As part of my ongoing adventures in online dating, I installed a companion app for Tinder called Flame. What this does is quickly enable you to see who's swiped right on your profile and also lets you browse potential matches instead of being drip fed them one at a time, only being given the next when you've swiped on the current.

I completely reset my account a few weeks ago after yet another match resulted in being blocked/someone deleting their account.

I've currently got five people who have swiped right on me. There were a few others but they were waaay outside my own criteria (age and distance). Out of the five, one's a cute, athletic woman who's not really evoking any strong reactions, but I am intrigued because she is athletic (some nice midriff shots). Secondly, an American who's still on the list simply because she's American but has crap photos. The third is a cute blonde near the bottom of my age range who's the most likely to get a message off me (though at this stage it's probably too late).

That leaves two people.

The fourth is a girl with whom we share a mutual friend. It's also a girl who had added me as a 'favourite' on PoF then proceeded to delete her account after I'd sent a message (and rejoined a few days later). So, that's not going to happen. She's not evoking enough of a reaction for me to overlook that.

The last one, who only swiped within the past few days, is DSC! Is she genuinely interested in me, non-platonically, or is this just another (handy, effort-free) means to try and re-instate contact seeing as we're both on Tinder? I know she asked me out years ago when we first met on Match, which I politely turned her down and we became friends. This is all just general pondering. I'm not going to match her swipe, so the contact will never be made. Even without Flame, if she popped up on my Tinder feed, I'd swipe left and be none the wiser.

I'm probably due another punch on the arm when I tell KfW2 though.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...