Sunday, January 18, 2015

Talking.

I had a surprise night with KfW2 recently. We'd met that afternoon for coffee as she was local and went our separate ways. Then I got a text asking if I'd go to hers for a few drinks. Her husband was out for the evening and I guess she just wanted some company.

The big talking point of the night came later on... somehow we'd gotten onto the subject of me meeting CAB and asking her out, but that swiftly moved on to FA2 and from there to the subject of how we broke up.

I explained to KfW2 about FA2's issues - her breakdowns every six weeks and her depression due to her divorce - and the solution that we came to. KfW2 was, not incredulous, but I don't think she understood how we came to that solution. To be honest, looking back, I have a hard time remembering the logic that both FA2 and I used, but ultimately, she needed a change of scenery for a bit. Not a quick two week vacation either... something where she could get away from it and take the time necessary to relax.

I explained all this to KfW2 who just looked confused. I've never thought anything of the decision we made at the time. Logically, it made perfect sense to me, especially given FA2's stubbornness regarding medication and therapy. Arguably, looking back, I could have made more of an effort to address the issues at home without FA2 leaving the country for months. After all, we'd been dating for over a year at that point and I was in love with her.

The conversation moved on, but KfW2 remained confused. I left an hour or so later after more chatting and a few more drinks, but I have found myself pondering FA2 over the past couple of days.

We've been talking about a night out soon, sometimes in February. I'm already looking forward to that.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...