Thursday, January 29, 2015

Passive aggressive nonsense.

Heating Guy was the last person to top up our gas... but that ran out about ten days ago. Rather than send an email out suggesting the next person top up, which would be the normal thing to do - shows a bit of common sense and maturity - he's been sneakily topping up the gas a few pounds at a time, then burning through it as per his usual habit.

(As a throwback to my previous post on the topic, yesterday was the coldest day of the year so I actually put the heating on for the first time in weeks, at my usual 60% level and left it on for a good few hours. As soon as HG came into the house, despite the obvious heat, he turns the thermostat on the boiler up to 90%)

Then, about a week ago, one of the fuses in the house blew. The lighting circuit that services the utility room, main sitting room and kitchen was out of action. Everything was fine when I was making my dinner, but whatever happened, happened when either TVG or HG used the kitchen. I suspect HG.

I heard HG flicking the lights on and off in the kitchen. Then, footsteps as he moved to the sitting room. More switch flicking before he seemed to assume all the bulbs had blown and went to his room.

Suffice to say, HG took zero initiative and it was me who replaced some of the blown bulbs and the fuses. It wasn't a lot of money - about £12 - but I'm starting to get fed up of both these guys' lack of initiative. The communal bathroom, for example that they share is appalling. It hasn't been cleaned since they moved in - pretty much five full months.

Anything that you might considered a shared duty (e.g. cleaning) hasn't been done.

I'm no DIY expert, but my time in this house has given me experience. I know roughly how long the gas will last given the its use, to within a day or so. I know that the circuits can be temperamental and blow sometimes. My "experience" means nothing though. I've spoken to TVG and HG about all the house issues before, but they never listen and both of them think they know better.

HG is arguably the worst of the two. He's been rearranging the kitchen, despite his changes making life more awkward (e.g. putting the bread board behind the taps so you have to move the bread board to turn on the water). And the incident that sparked off this complaint/rant? I went into the kitchen to make my food earlier and he's moved the one of the bulbs that I had replaced which were pointing at the cooker and fridge from the fridge to the dishwasher.

This is all very passive aggressive of me, but if he wants the bulbs to point at certain appliances he should have fucking replaced them himself. I moved it back, of course. But I'll be interested to see if he moves it again...

EDIT: And just after I posted this, TVG has just cornered HG in the kitchen and is talking about slashing the TV package AGAIN, despite saying that he'd go with the consensus in the house... which was to leave things as they were.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...