Sunday, January 25, 2015

Let's go round again.

Not that long ago, I confessed to USHW that I was considering online dating again, even though the last two times really beat my confidence down.

However, despite chatting to GM and KfW2 about my ongoing funk, I've not really made any progress in meeting new people. The chat I've wanted to have with CH still hasn't happened, so I'm going to have to be proactive about that has also added to the funk.

While I haven't started online dating again per se, I have opened a couple of accounts to see if there are any cute, interesting people about - Plenty of Fish, OK Cupid and eHarmony. The eHarmony account is already closed. You have to pay to see members' pictures. I can't judge whether or not it's worth my while if I can't see the pictures and eHarmony is far more expensive than other sites.

There's not a lot on Plenty of Fish or OK Cupid that's jumping out at me (and an alarming number of familiar faces from last year), so it could be that my decision to get back into online dating is made for me. The only other site I haven't looked at is Match.com. That's the site where I saw CB last year. Part of me doesn't want to open a new account there in case she is still listed as a member. I'm fed up of CB being within touching distance, but just out of reach. It's so, so frustrating.

What I've been toying with this time around is keeping the accounts open - creating a proper profile, uploading pictures but just let them sit there and check them infrequently. What I*'ve done before is jump in, message all the women who interest me and then get disillusioned when it all falls apart after three months and close down all my accounts.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...