Sunday, January 11, 2015

No pain, no gain.

Tomorrow, the fitness thing is going to kick in. As mentioned in my annual goals post, I have a rough plan: the bodyweight/resistance programme that I did last year, plus I have a set of dumbbells for some weight training too. In addition, I shall be making tweaks to my diet - reduce carbs, especially later in the day, give up crisps and cut down on the amount of sweets and chocolate and reintroduce fruit and nuts as my snacks of choice. I will go further, but these are my initial steps back into the regime. I don't want to go to extremes though as that's a sure fire way of falling off the wagon.

I have some injury issues that might need addressed by physiotherapy, so the plan is to start upper body and core only until I have some guidance on what I can and cannot do with my legs.

Like last year, I'm not going to really document that here and I'll go back to MyFitnessPal which has loads of great tools that I use to track my progress, but that's not to say I won't make the odd related post here.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...