Sunday, January 04, 2015

2015 Goals.

While a lot of the goals I have this year are remarkably similar to those of old, there are a few twists involved.

The big one is my housing situation. Having to deal with Heating Guy and TV Guy is tiresome, even after four months, so I think I'll start looking for somewhere to live on my own. Possibly permanently as well i.e. buying instead of renting. My finances are in decent shape at the moment, so now is a good time to think about buying. I need to do a lot of homework on that front though.

Another goal is one that's often been seen: get fitter and lose some weight. I did do it to a certain extent last year. I lost almost 12 lbs/5 kg until I suffered a severe muscle injury playing football. I've put roughly just over half of that back on again. I'll use the same technique that I used last year (a body-weight yoga/resistance workout), plus add something extra (maybe a bit of weights). I need to see some decent results quickly to maintain morale and interest, but that'll be less about the exercise which I enjoyed a lot and more about making the changes to my diet. There's also a possibility of doing a 10 km run around the end of April after a suggestion by G last night.

Career-wise, I'm more than happy currently. I don't foresee any movement there, unless something radical happens. I have things to learn, to progress, to become better at my job, but I have no current desire to start looking for moves elsewhere.

The only other thing I want to address this year is the relationship status. Once again, I'm not marking it down as a goal per se, as these things are often luck and out of my control. I'll do my utmost to get into more social settings where I can meet people (I also still have a standing agreement with GM about speed dating), I doubt I'll try online dating again though I might actually try and use Tinder to meet someone rather than let it sit unused on my phone.

There are some other things to look forward to - a weekend away with G, FP, M etc. I've a few other plans with FP - gigs and sporting events and a big social gathering in London to celebrate a thing with G.

I'm tentatively heading into 2015 feeling quite positive.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...