Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumping Iron

I was chatting to KfW2 over coffee today and we were semi-talking about CC's imminent date with S next week. We kinda got side-tracked onto the issue of the fitness/weight loss/beach body thing, especially CC's desire to do the hardcore physique thing. I commented that I thought it was a bit weird in that it all seemed very un-CC-like. She can be quite "girly" and pumping iron down at a men's gym seems out of sorts for her.

KfW2 said that they'd been talking about it for some time. KfW2 is someone that might be seriously interested in something like that - she used to be quite the gym goddess* before I knew her, but has gotten out of the routine.

I think KfW2 was doing a bit of fishing to see if I would be interested, though she didn't ask outright. If she did, I think I'd admit to my own body image issues (that I've not discussed here in any detail) that would stop me from doing something that extreme, even though I would be interested in theory.

*I don't know if goddess is the right word here, but I have been reliably informed that my previous terminology could be misinterpreted to be somewhat negative, and that wasn't the case at all.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...