Sunday, October 07, 2012

Balls.

I was in an organised mood today and spent some time sorting out my finances. I say "sorting", but really it was more of a tidying up exercise - moving some money about etc. in order to make sure I was keeping track of less accounts and being more on top of my money. I realised that I should have done this a long time ago as I am not as solvent as I thought I was, to the tune of nearly two thousand pounds worse off than anticipated. Hmmm... [I should state here that while this is a large sum of money, but it's not the end of the world. I earn a decent salary, but I had hoped to clear all my credit card debt by next summer, which is looking highly unlikely now with the debt being £2K higher than planned.]

Still, if there's something that will kick me into action about doing the required homework for a pay rise, it's that. I can't remember if I've posted about the pay rise, but I have a plan of action about going to my boss and looking for a pay rise (almost 10% if I play my cards right). In order to do that, though, I need some information which is going to mean emailing a few people first. I have about 60% of the information I need, but I just need to sit down and write the dozen or so emails, but I've been putting it off for no reason since I formulated the plan originally.

I should do that, then I have to book my flight for KfW2's wedding.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...