Monday, July 26, 2010

Conundrum.

In a fit of, well, optimism probably, I sent another few messages today to women that looked interesting. Unsurprisingly, out of the three I sent earlier, two of them have been read and deleted already without reply. There are two others outstanding, one from over a week ago (and to be honest, this is the one that I'd really like to see progress on). Again, I'm somewhat confused because at least one of the profiles was pretty bare with little to go on and the line "I will enjoy hearing all you have to say. I will tell you anything you want to know.. just ask me", implies that she might actually at least take the time to reply.

The online dating thing is now officially beyond me now. I honestly have better luck trying the more random method of meeting people in bars etc. I wasn't expecting online dating to be necessarily easier at meeting someone with potential of being more than a fleeting acquaintance.

Online, where things are meant to be more targeted with everyone looking to meet new people, I have gotten one date, Date No. 1 and a couple of stop/start conversations that have yielded nothing. That's from approaching over sixty women. In bars, I have considerable more success approaching far less women. Go figure that one out.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...