Saturday, July 10, 2010

Oh, woe is me.

Around this time of year, I nearly always get a little reflective. This year, it's been my single status that's causing the concern. I'd thought, well hoped, that I wouldn't be single at this point. I've done the online dating thing on three different sites since the start of the year with pretty much the same result - little or no communication. There was the one date with Date No. 1 which whet my appetite for more dates and I've had brief conversations with a few other women that eventually fizzled out and went nowhere. There were lots of us in the pub last night but there was a certain lack of eye candy. Well, available eye candy. QC1 was there with her own friends and I think she's very attractive, and one of my mate's girlfriends is also really cute, but as for the rest of the bar's clientèle, there was, I think, one girl that I found attractive.

DSC says I'm too picky, but I can't help who I find attractive, can I? There's a good post about it on this blog that I pretty much agree with. Without the physical attraction, I don't think any relationship has legs. My current list of potential dates on Plenty of Fish is around thirty. Not all of these are perfect matches. Some are a little on the young side for me, one has kids of her own, but they all have profile pictures and I find all of them attractive.

I'm still not convinced by the online dating thing. I've tried many different approaches and all of them have failed. Long opening emails, short ones, standard ones, tailored ones, I uploaded loads of photos, created couple of decent profiles and this has all gotten me the square root of bugger all. I've honestly had more luck chatting to strangers in the pub. I think I need a woman's perspective on this and I think I'll have a chat with DSC this week to see if I can turn this around. I do have one message that hasn't yet been read, and I'm hoping she does reply as she does have a good, interesting, fun profile.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...