Sunday, July 18, 2010

Reminiscing

A few years ago, while out with K (amongst others) and before I knew she was interested in me in a non-platonic way, she was rifling through my wallet. There's not a lot of personal stuff in my wallet usually, just the usual cash, credit cards etc. except in this case, there was a credit card-sized name plate type thing that I'd picked up at my sister's wedding and was just the right fit for my wallet.

K commented that she didn't think I was the sentimental type.

I hadn't considered myself to be, but there you go.

Today, while sorting out lots of paperwork (and recycling old stuff that I didn't need), I came across a stash of stuff from down the years. Some of it is probably worth holding on to, some not, but it was interesting to see, for example, that I still have an old (joke) Valentine's card from QC1 from years ago, letters from R2 when she was living in America, a letter from a (female) friend of mine in New Zealand, old leaving cards from previous jobs etc. I probably will never throw these out. Interestingly, I've kept nothing at all from FA2, a woman I dated for over two years (well, in terms of mail that I might be emotionally invested in). However, that's mostly to do with the fact she didn't give me anything that held sentimental value to hold on to. I do still have an old box of Lego that she gave me as a birthday present one time. She might be a complete bitch, but Lego is Lego!

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...