Thursday, May 06, 2010

Online dating... End of Part One

My subscription with Match expires on Friday. I've already started trimming it away, ready to remove it from the site on Saturday. There is a lot of frustration directed towards Match.com at the moment. Two months of trying to contact various interesting and good-looking women resulted in one reasonably good lead, namely Date No. 1 and even then, while that had no romantic legs, I thought she was a good candidate for a cinema buddy, but she pretty much blocked me on all counts.

I have complained to Match.com. I feel there's something amiss on the site… a software error or something. Statistically, contacting well over forty women over eight weeks (take out about two and a half weeks where I was chatting to Date No. 1), should have resulted in most of these women coming and having a look at my profile. The reality is different. Four women came to have a look. Four. That's really not a good rate of return, if the site is in full working order (which it isn't, because I know for a fact some of the built-in searches are not returning the correct results). I sent an email last weekend as feedback/a complaint but I've not heard anything back in response.

DSC is trying to get me to look at other options – Plenty of Fish or Zoosk, but Match.com has really left a bad taste in my mouth regarding the online dating thing. I'm not saying I'll never do it again, just that I'll have to think it over first and I'm not going to jump from one directly into another.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...