Sunday, May 10, 2009

Is there anything wrong with this picture?

It was a good weekend. On Friday, I made a successful comeback to the work's footy after a recent hamstring tear, though my legs have been aching all weekend. I was out with FP on Friday night where we trundled around a few bars before I called it quits reasonably early at midnight. Yesterday, after enjoying a (very rare) lie-in, I caught the new Star Trek flick at the cinema, follwed by a bite to eat and a few pints watching the footy on the telly before returning home and chilling out for an hour or so and then calling it a day. Today has been spent chilling out (it's a glorious day here - bright and sunny if a little on the cool side) and I'll probably watch a DVD this evening before trying to get a good night's sleep.

On reflection though, yesterday wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been for one reason: I did it all on my own. It would be nice to have someone that I can call up and do stuff like this without the weeks of planning that's required for other people (i.e. those in relationships, with mortgages, with kids). It doesn't have to be female (though there can be obvious benefits there if it were), but it would be nice just to be able to know that I can meet people socially and have a pool of people from which to choose rather than be reliant on FP all the time.

Yes, there are people like QC2, but she's more of a mid-week coffee/drink friend than heading to the pub for pints and football. People like AM are just too unreliable. FP is busy with his own life and everyone else (including QC2) are the kind of people that can get out every few months.

I suppose, if I did a bit of work figuring things out, I could schedule my life months in advance, see all these people and be out every week or two out opf three weeks instead of one out of three weeks.

We'll see... I'm still eyeing up the dating sites (though even the free ones haven't offered too much since I first launched my profile there months ago), so I might tweak my profile seeing as I'm really considering using these "properly".

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...