Saturday, May 23, 2009

Random thoughts.

Before FA2 and I actually made our relationship official, there were a few months of on/off casual sex. I thought, perhaps naively at the time, that this was what FA2 wanted, having separated from her husband and was at the beginning of her divorce proceedings. 

Of course, it wasn't, and FA2 tried several times to force my hand into cementing our relationship. FA2 had actually been out on a few dates with another bloke, a friend of FP's. I'd been on the phone to AM moaning about my lost chance and admitting that things weren't looking positive. However, I managed to talk to FA2 over a quiet drink in the pub one Sunday evening. 

I'd gotten her out with the intention of telling her how I felt and that I actually did want a relationship.

Before I got to talk, FA2 told me that there was no chemistry with the bloke in question and that she was going to call him in the week and turn him down. A day later, sitting in the back garden, we spoke about what would happen after she'd made that call. 

I made a comment about doing something on that Friday night. I can't remember exactly what we did that night (I think it was dinner and drinks), but I know we definitely ended up back at hers, screwing. 

The next morning, FA2 said something along the lines of "you know that this means we're going to make a go of this, don't you?" to which I replied in the positive before going down on her for another session. 

With that in mind, we always had a playful disagreement about when our anniversary actually was. She reckoned it was the Friday night date, I reckoned it was when we actually vocally recognised the relationship. 

If it had been the first night we hooked up, then that would have been probably three months earlier. Why this story now? Well, this was the date we would have had that conversation, lying naked in bed together. It was probably around this exact time, too, eleven years ago.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...