Monday, May 04, 2009

An interesting weekend!

Friday started off well. It was our regular work-related piss up as I've no doubt mentioned before. I had a few beers with the boys, then me and a few others took ourselves off while a female colleague played silly buggers. She seems to crave male attention though I wouldn't necessarily call her a tease or a flirt. The amount of guys that run around after her is unreal though. I was kinda hoping that the girl I mentioned from a few weeks back would be out, and she was for the early part of the evening, but when we all met up later for some pool and beers, she was nowhere to be seen, sadly. We nodded at each other earlier, but that good impression I thought I made wasn't as good as I'd originally thought, I think.

Saturday proved to be interesting in that I had a conversation with a friend of E on a social site. We talked about online dating and E. I mentioned that I was probably going to try online dating soon once I settle in, more to expand my social life than for dating per se, but obviously I'd only be selecting women where there was a possibility of things evolving. I might settle down this weekend or the weekend after and start updating my profiles that I've had on a few sites now but that were never used.

E's friend also mentioned that she'd hoped that E and I would hook up, not that she thought there was anything going on (she says), just that she knew we were close and wanted the best for E. That sparked a further conversation about the amount of times E and I were out and people DID think we were dating. E's friend was fairly interested in that, but the conversation moved on to other things and E's friend doesn't know me well enough to prod further (or just ask questions) that perhaps QC2 or USHW might have asked.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...