Thursday, August 16, 2007

Contact!

Sadly, nothing from V. I really doubt there'll be anything further from her. It's a shame, really. I think we could have clicked again and had some fun, albeit over the internet.

However, today I have heard from... *drum roll* QC1, AM and FA2!

It's hardly worth talking about FA2 though. Yet another thoughtless invitation to another pointless social networking site (hypocritical of me to say that given my Facebook membership? You decide). I won't be joining Bebo, naturally. I've said it before and I'll said it again: if she wants to be in contact, she obviously knows my email address and she definitely knows my MSN address.

QC1 and AM are different though. They're unreliable in their own way, but they do eventually get around to contact every now and again. QC1 is taking me out to lunch next week (her treat) to catch up and buy me a return lunch from earlier in the year. It'll be fun to catch up.

AM recently gave birth to a baby girl. I was shocked. I didn't think AM was the maternal type. I've certainly never heard her or her husband talking about kids. My suspicion is that it was an accident, but you can be bloody sure I'm not asking THAT question! I've sent a reply, so I hope to hear back soon.

In light of AM's recent contact, I decided to send a message to QC2 (AM and QC2 used to work together, hence the mental connection). I haven't heard from QC2 in months beyond asking a favour that I sadly couldn't deliver on. Still... it would be nice to get her out for a drink and a nice chat to catch up on what she's doing. She can be unreliable, especially with mobile phones, so a reply is a bit of a lottery. I did email a few months ago, but have heard nothing since then either. Let's just see what happens...

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...