Thursday, August 02, 2007

Procrastination: it's being lazy, but with purpose!

I'm still a bit 'meh' about the whole being single thing. It's not a huge thing, just a 'meh' thing. Anyway, that's not the thing that's really pissing me off right now, although I guess it's maybe kind of linked.

What's really 'grinding my gears' as Peter Griffin would say is my lack of activity outside of work. I come home, make dinner and then settle down in front of the telly or the PC or read a book. I chill out until bed time. It's not all the same from day to day. For example, my time in front of the PC might be spent blogging, chatting on MSN to friends near and far, doing the odd bit of writing (a hobby, nothing more), keeping my website up-to-date, playing the odd game etc. but the breakdown of my day is pretty much: wake up, work, dinner, chill out, go to bed.

I want to do something more than that.

I need to do something more than that!

The first step is to re-join the gym. I've been talking about it for the past few months and procrastinating about it, too. In an ideal world, I'd have done it too. In a less perfect world, I might even make the phone call now and sign up after work. I like that thought and might even get around to it later if I can shake this lethargic feeling I've had all afternoon. That's a good start. Getting to the gym will have loads of extra guaranteed benefits over and above getting/staying out of the house for an extra hour or so a few times each week, not least getting fit, better sleep, fighting stress (I don't get stressed easily, but it'd still be nice).

What I'll do after that remains to be seen. I've been generally unhappy about my social life for quite a while now and I will have to make a serious effort to address that.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...