Thursday, August 30, 2007

Roundup

Work's so-so at the moment. I'm in the middle of a huge project which was going fairly well, but the last few days have seen some hiccups. I don't think they're my fault (I've double and triple-checked everything that I can), but that doesn't stop me from being concerned about the issues, especially as I've already made one fairly large mistake a few months ago and dodged a bullet a few weeks ago with another one. So, even when things are going well, I've got this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that things are going to go tits up.

As much as I like the company I work for and the people I work with, this haphazard way of doing things is pissing me off and according to company rules, I can't apply for another role for about another year, so if things do get bad, my only option is to leave the company.

Again, this might only be temporary, and I do only really get this feeling when things are bad/pissing me off, but it has been a busy few weeks and it'll be another few weeks before I get enough breathing space to take some time off work, which I wanted to do last week, but had to cancel at the last minute.

Contrary to my best intentions, I did take another peek at V's Facebook friends list and she's added more people. I should have stayed away, but I'm an idiot that gives people too many chances to make amends, like FA2. I had a brief chat with FA2 recently, but it took about 2 hours to have a 15 minute conversation on MSN because she was chasing her kids around. It's always like this. I don't initiate conversations any more because of this exact reason and I really should just block her on MSN and be done with it. I really doubt she'd notice.

However, I did manage to speak to A on MSN recently, for the first time in months. A has been hard to get hold of, mainly because she started a new (and continuing) relationship at the start of the year and a new job a few months ago. She was quizzing me about V as I hadn't actually spoken to her about it before. I felt really good about talking to her about it. It was obviously troubling (or annoying) me a lot more than I'd previously thought. A's fine, too, and it was brilliant to catch up after all these months. Speaking of catching up... USHW's blog has gone AWOL. I wonder if there's any trouble? She had a few thingson her mind recently that I thought she would have blogged.

My email conversation with QC2 is ongoing... that's practically a fortnight now without any breaks, which is interesting. I wouldn't say that QC2 and I were close. QC2 is extremely private and I've been told I am too, so you can imagine how much we know about each other, but she does seem to be thawing, albeit slowly, and I guess I am with her, too. We've still to set a date about meeting for a drink, but she's got some college work on that needs urgent attention, so we've put it off until that's finished (probably the second week of September).

Finally, it's nearly the weekend and tomorrow is one of the monthly work's bashes. I've not been to one in months (since April, I think), so getting out with a few old team-mates will be good, even for just a couple of hours. If it turns into anything more than that, then I'm all for it, but if I'm home early, it will still be worth it.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...