Saturday, October 10, 2026

Wrong end of the stick.

It was one of those frustrating meetings with CC: I tried to explain a minor dilemma, CC completely misunderstands what I am saying, decrees herself to be the expert and wonders why I am frustrated when she keeps mentioning something that has nothing to do with the problem I'm solving.

I have a potential issue with income tax, but CC keeps talking about capital gains tax. That's not exactly the issue, but that was the kind of conversation that we had. Every time I said that it wasn't a capital gains tax issue, she looks confused and tells me I'm wrong.

I've done the research. I know the problem in broad strokes. I know that my problem is minor, something that can be reduced with a bit of creative accounting but unlikely to be avoided.

And yet, CC still sees it all in black and white and still gets the wrong idea.

These types of meetings are less frequent than they used to be. I don't know if it's luck in avoiding topics where CC thinks she's an expert or I'm subconsciously avoiding them or if we're just better at talking about them, but there was definite frustration on both side this morning.

No comments:

Wrong end of the stick.

It was one of those frustrating meetings with CC: I tried to explain a minor dilemma, CC completely misunderstands what I am saying, decrees...