Sunday, October 04, 2026

Weight off my mind.

I've posted recently, though not in any detail, that I've lost a lot of weight. There was a specific incident around two years ago that sparked the weight loss. I had to wear my suit for a funeral, except it no longer fitted me. I was gutted for two reasons: firstly, I love that suit. I've gotten really good feedback when I've worn it and more than one woman has given me a good eyeing up when I've worn it, including CH. 

I also have a great memory of the day I bought it - I was accompanied by KfW2 as a trusted second set of eyes (I am useless at buying clothes out of my comfort zone and needed the backup) and we got lucky in that it was only the second or third suit I'd tried on.

That meant we were able to get into the second part of the day much sooner than expected, which was food and pub, and it's been well-recorded on this blog how much I love those days out with KfW2 and how much they mean to me, especially when I have something I want to talk about. 

So, yeah, I couldn't fit into my suit. I needed something quickly. The funeral was within 48 hours. I tried on a cheap suit at my local shopping centre's Marks and Spencer and that's when the reality hit: the smallest suit to fit me was at least 2 sizes bigger than the current suit.

It took less than a second for me to make up my mind. I bought the cheap suit hoping that I'd only need to wear it once, that I was going to start trying to lose weight in earnest. And I did. 

It took me nearly 20 months to get roughly to where I wanted to be. I haven't actually hit my target goal, but I'm only a couple of pounds away from it, but I've kind of found some kind of equilibrium. I don't know that I can lose more without massively increasing my exercise. And I don't know if I want to. I can lose more: I'm currently right at the very top of the ideal weight range for someone of my height and age, but I'm really happy with where I am.

And I might still have to buy another suit. I've now lost so much weight that my favourite suit still doesn't fit me, but for more positive reasons. 

No comments:

Weight off my mind.

I've posted recently, though not in any detail, that I've lost a lot of weight. There was a specific incident around two years ago t...