Monday, November 07, 2022

Answers.

KfW2 replied to my questions after her concerns from yesterday. It's not surprising, in hindsight. I knew that she was frustrated with her new place. What I didn't realise was how bad things were. KfW2 doesn't like people knowing that she's underperforming to her own ridiculously high standards.

But I think there's an element of running before you can walk to her current crisis. Since she left our team, she's moved through three different jobs, all promotions. No sooner had she completed the minimum time in one role, then she moved into another. There was no time to gain experience, to become comfortable with what she was doing, to learn and to grow.

And this new job in the new company was similar, though the jump in knowledge and experience required for it was much bigger than she'd experienced before.

Bear in mind that she left because she felt she wasn't getting support. I am not sure that's correct, but I feel, sometimes, there's an entitlement to KfW2 when it comes to getting help from other people. She's complained about babysitting by her parents (or the lack thereof) and yet I've seen first-hand that her parents adore both her and her kids. Having been promoted three times in four years and had at least two opportunities handed to her on a plate, I don't think lack of support was an issue.

But it's kinda the same argument. No support, a perceived lack of efficiency, too much work for one person and she's stressed.

I tried to suggest dinner and drinks, but she claims she's too tired to do anything. So, who knows when we'll get out? I'll try and call her soon though. She sounds like she needs a chat at the very least.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...