Sunday, March 27, 2022

Health by Stealth.

Kinda related to the post I made yesterday about FP and his friends, I came across the following blog post on Reddit about talking to men about their mental health (see below).

It always reminds me about those posts you see on Facebook about talking to people etc. which are, in my own opinion, fucking useless. It's a social media thing. You have to be seen to be posting this stuff. But it's rare that the people posting actually follow up on their own (i.e. copied) advice.

Without patting myself on the back too much, I've done my bit. Over the past few years especially, I've reached out to lots of people (at least a dozen alone who have been mentioned on this very blog), to chat, to see how they're coping with lockdown, isolation etc.

But I've also posted at least a few times, about my own experiences when I have summoned the courage to open up to people. I can remember feeling a little deflated after having chats with GM and KfW2. It hasn't really helped either when I think that KfW2 and I have drifted further apart over the past few years, and the isolating/lockdown has only accelerated that.

But... if you're passing by and have read this, then go read this blog post. And have a chat with someone. I guarantee that it will help.

How to Talk With a Man About His Mental Health | Psychology Today

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...