Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Just things.

A chance comment in a meeting earlier provoked a conversation about travel and working abroad. That brought back some memories of my own time abroad and so I spent some time this afternoon, surfing Google Maps and street view around my old haunts, just reminiscing.

Months of pretty much great weather, lots of outdoor activities, a confidence that I didn't have at home and things just clicked for me. FA2 was nearby if things had gone wrong, but they hadn't. 

While I got along with a load of people, I only really made one friend, and we lost touch when I left. We picked up a few years later on Facebook, but haven't really spoken in years.

Still, it was nice to reminisce and distract me from work this afternoon. I can't really have the distraction though. I need to get my head back in the game, from that perspective.

No comments:

Que sera sera

Right about now, I should be leaving the house to meet KfW2 for dinner and drinks. A "date" that I've been trying to arrange f...