Saturday, June 05, 2021

Ah well.

I don't know why but CH popped into my head this afternoon. Specifically, a time a few years ago where I was dealing with a personal tragedy. What happened pretty much summed CH up in a nutshell. She texted to let me know she was thinking of me, which was nice.

"I'll call in to see you soon," she promised.

"Please do. It'd mean a lot to me if you did, actually."

It went quiet for a month, then out of the blue another text:

"Been thinking about you. I'm crazy busy, but let's do coffee at some point?"

Two weeks went by...

"Sorry, I was WFH. Can you do coffee tomorrow at 8AM?"

"I'm not about at that time. Lunchtimes or after work suit best."

And... nothing.

As I said, it pretty much summed CH up in a nutshell. Make promises, then back off, making further, watered down suggestions that were more and more on her terms until you just stop expecting anything. This was exactly why I'd been critical of her and I'd been proven right, despite her massive over-reaction. I'd always been right - USHW and KfW2 had known for ages that I was unimpressed with our "friendship" as it was very much all one-way.

It brought me down a little. It was a friendship that had a lot of promise and I still remember fondly some nights out - one with CH, KfW2 and S and one with OK and CH spring to mind.

Ah well.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...