Saturday, May 18, 2019

Eating and drinking.

It must be a day for reminiscence (or random memories popping up), but one of the last times I remember meeting up with QC2 (which must be near ten years ago now), she made a comment.

"A difference between boys and girls is that girls meet up over dinner and boys meet up in the pub."

I wasn't going to disagree, though my experiences were different. I did have a question, though.

"How many male friends do you meet for a catch up chat?" I asked. I think I knew that answer.

She thought for a few seconds.

"Only you." She paused. "And to be fair, it's not like you're a typical bloke. And I know we meet in pubs because you don't like eating out"

That part used to be true. In my youth, the thought of sitting in a nice restaurant for a couple of hours eating and talking really didn't float my boat. It's something I've grown in to, though if you offer me the choice of meeting a friend in a nice restaurant or meeting a friend in a cosy pub, I'm more likely to choose the later any day.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...