Monday, April 01, 2019

Sigh.

Sometimes, KfW2 can be infuriating. We have a system in work whereby we can regonise colleagues for going above and beyond with a system of giving points. At the end of the year, these points can be redeemed for rewards. Often, you don't have to do an awful lot - maybe answer a question for someone, quickly and with authority. Or fix a minor though troublesome issue.

KfW2 really buys into this to the point of "bullying" people into giving her points.

She asked me to give her points a few days ago, but I had nothing left to give and, more importantly, no reason to actually give her points.

"Where are mine?" I asked. Over the course of the past month I've helped her with some graphical design work, helped her figure out at least a couple of technical issues with her PC.

"You don't give me, I don't give to you"

I sighed.

"That's not how it works."

We moved on to other topics.

A few days later, the subject of reward points was raised again. I told her how many I had. I can't be sure but I could be on track for the biggest score in the department that is usually rewarded with a fairly decent prize on top of the other rewards.

"What? How did you get that?"

There's an undercurrent of something in her tone. Jealousy? Disbelief? Anger?

Sometimes I think KfW2 views her professional life as a zero sum game - others can only do well if she does well herself. Her giving me reward points should have no bearing at all on her getting reward points off me, should she deserve them, but that's not how she sees things.

It can be incredibly frustrating, especially as her friend as well.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...