Tuesday, June 07, 2016

The same old story.

About a month or so ago, I installed a few dating apps on my phone. I'd already had Tinder, but alongside that, I've installed (after recommendations) Badoo, Bumble and Happn. It's hard to describe exactly what Badoo is. Bumble is like Tinder, though if there is a match, the female has to initiate contact and Happn is a location-based app that tells you who you've passed in the street and enables you to make contact that way.

I've been having a text chat with a woman I matched with on Tinder. She seems nice, but it's hard getting a conversation out of her. What I have done in the past is, after a few messages/a couple of days, arranged to meet. Looking at pictures and profiles is all well and good, but it's the chemistry that's important.

But the conversation is so difficult, that it's not been going anywhere. I also discovered, just this morning, that she's not local either. She lives about 150 km away. At some point, she must have been close to me (my Tinder settings are around the 50 km mark), but by the time we started chatting, she was home.

She's not the only one (though the only one I've initiated a conversation with). I've spotted several pretty/interesting women recently and tried to initiate contact, only to (eventually) discover that they're only in my neighbourhood for a girly weekend away/business.

You have to laugh, really. However, it raises another point. I've been pretty active on all four apps and I've only managed to start one conversation. It's the same old story - hundreds of swipes, prods, charms, likes and super likes and one conversation.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...