Friday, June 17, 2016

Breaking a sweat/the same old story - cont'd

I've been out with CC for a few more walks. I want to be pushing her a little harder (and myself by association). I've taken to wearing my heart monitor while we walk to get a better indicator of my fitness etc. That, and my phone's fitness app seem to indicate that a 3 mile semi-brisk walk along our usual route burns about 500 calories in just over an hour.

We should be doing that slightly faster, but CC's princess qualities come out. The very sign of a shortness of breath due to exercise and the demands for a sit down come out. Apparently she's lost around 12 lbs due to her Weight Watchers thingy, but can't seem to shift any more.

My advice that some more rigorous exercise might kick it off is falling on deaf ears. She's happy enough to continue doing these walks at her own pace rather than gradually increase pace and distance. She might be in for a shock though, because another week or so of doing a walk every other day is going to give me the confidence to try something more demanding and convince me that my torn calf muscle has healed.

Strangely, I'm still speaking to the Tinder girl who's 150 km away. It's horrendously slow... I can't get a read on her at all. With her being 150 km away, I'm not expecting anything to come of it, but it'd be nice to chat, if it wasn't like pulling teeth.

I've "super liked" a few other women on Tinder with my usual results. Only one of them is not local... maybe. But she is an actress, albeit not that well known, and is listed in IMDB as well, so I don't know if she's genuinely single or using Tinder to promote herself. I've seen that happen before.


1 comment:

USHW said...

Well done on keeping up the walking :)

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...