Thursday, June 09, 2016

Breaking a sweat.

A few hours ago, I went on a walk with CC. CC has often complained about wanting to lose weight but seems to be almost afraid of exercise. I've seen CC in a bikini. In my opinion, CC just needs to tone up a little. She has a great figure and is not carrying obvious extra weight. She's a tall girl with a good figure for her height.

Regardless, CC has been on Weight Watchers or something similar since the start of the year and she seems to have lost  bit of weight. I say "seems" - it's not because I am being rude or the weight loss is insignificant, it's more that the clothes she wears in work are not flattering to her figure.

I know that every now and again, she goes out for walks. Today was one of those days. She asked me, over IM, did I want to join her. It's not the first time she's asked and I usually say yes. The weather was nice and I always like an excuse to get out of the house.

We met on the main road, just round the corner from my house and she looked good. Her walking attire was all Lycra and clingy and she definitely seemed to have lost some weight and looked good for it.

It wasn't a far walk - all told about 3 miles at a moderate pace - but it kinda reminded me that I wanted to get something done. I am extremely unfit if the walk and my heart rate monitor is anything to go by. When I returned, I logged the information into my fitness tracker and stepped on the scales.

My weight has returned to the pre-yoga weight of a couple of years ago. I was half-expecting it to be much higher, so while I am heavier than I'd like, it could be much worse. Still, if I am being honest, I had been putting off standing on the scales for that exact reason.

I'm feeling the walk in my legs now, but it's that good tired/sore feeling after exercise. It's too late to be "beach ready" for this summer, but it's never too late to start. As usual, I can't throw myself into this... small steps will make me stick to it better. Some further walking to get into a routine (and build up some strength in my legs from  my last injury) then onto the yoga again and see where else I can go. Perhaps some football again... or some running.

Once that's kicked into gear, then it's time to pay attention to the diet again. I managed to lose nearly a stone by making small tweaks to my diet and NOT giving up beer, so let's see if we can go a little further this time as well. I expect to go further. This time, I live in my own place. I don't need to worry about a shared fridge or hogging time in the kitchen. I can take my time making what I need and storing it without worrying about flatmates.

As an aside, when I looked at my walking route recorded by my GPS, I noticed that had I walked half as far again, I'd have been close to CAB's parent's house. That caused a few wistful memories.

1 comment:

USHW said...

Like

:)

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...