Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Social Club.

Having missed the gathering I hosted at the start of the month, E was in contact last weekend. Due to family commitments, the only free time she had was a few hours on her penultimate day in the country. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing and her family are quite demanding (partly the reason she missed the gathering).

We had a great few hours. We might not talk an awful lot - it's not just distance, it's the time difference mainly. It's something I need to work on - being more in contact. But, despite that, we hit the ground running and got through a good few topics in the limited time we had.

I also sent out a tentative email about another social gathering in a few weeks. I'm not going to be hosting this time, I'm suggesting a group night in the pub. It only took five minutes from sending the email to Sports Girl spending a text message. I think that's the first time she's initiated contact since starting to date GM. I had half-expected her to being giving me some kind of excuse about not being able to go to the gathering, but she was silent on that particular topic. She did however, suggest we all meet for a catch up as if I hadn't sent out an email suggesting exactly that not ten minutes earlier.

This morning I logged on to emails from FC and CH, both of whom were invited. Neither of them can make it. I wasn't expecting CH to make it with her family commitments, but in order to try and get back on track with her after last year's miscommunication. Her email was quite positive - she suggested meeting for coffee this week and we could then arrange something more social (i.e. the pub). I'm pleased about that.

The night out with KfW2 is still to be arranged. There's a slight chance that it could be this Sunday, if her other plans fall through and if not, then it could be another few weeks away. It's been a while since KfW2 and I had some time alone, so I am looking forward to it immensely.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...