Monday, November 19, 2012

*sigh*

Last week, after a lot of discussion with KfW2 and CC, we arranged a day out. KfW2's fiancé couldn't make it due to work commitments and there were no other dates that suited, so we nailed down the day in question and made the necessary emails to everyone else, including GB and FP. As an addition, I had also agreed with KfW2 to go out with just her and me for a few drinks on another day. I enjoy my social time with KfW2 as we tend to get into more personal topics of conversation when it's just the two of us - more than we do when chatting in work or at lunchtimes.

Today, though, everything got shook up. KfW2 wanted to postpone our night out by two weeks, I think because her sister had asked her to do some (overnight) babysitting the night before our original day out and she didn't know when she'd be freed up to come out. As a knock on, the second day of just me and KfW2 was pretty much cancelled, as it was only a few days before the proposed rearranged day. It also turned out that she had arranged to meet up with a group of former team-mates for lunch that has now turned into an afternoon in the pub, the same day that we were meant to be heading out.

Now, this wasn't all done arbitrarily... she did ask if it suited and I made it clear that I was happy to rearrange the first day out, but that I still wanted to get her out to the pub for a few drinks possibly on the original day (she didn't actually explain WHY she wanted to re-arrange until a few hours later), and I'm sure she noticed that I wasn't particularly happy about all this re-arranging, though she hasn't yet said anything. I reckon it'll click in a day or so's time and she will ask if it annoyed me. She's done that in the past and she is pretty good at reading me.

It did, and she will be told this, not least because I had already started making plans around these days out, but because I hate making plans that are finalised with several people only for one person to want to change them with spurious reasons. I understand that it's her sister that needs the favour, but in my head it's not a life or death or last-minute thing and she'd already made arrangements with others and that's not on in my opinion.

Things could all still work out as she's said she'll try and work out if she can come out on the original day, but I got the feeling from talking to her that she wasn't really feeling it.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...