Friday, November 16, 2012

More house stuff.

Our postbox key has been missing for nearly four months. Typically, all I get is my wage slip and anything work-related - everything important is sent to my parents house where I pick it up every week or so. However a while ago, the postbox key went missing for about 6 weeks until I happened to come across it in my laptop bag by accident.

So, I 'fessed up, but made a decision that someone else could check for mail, given the amount of incessant complaining that MfW did about it.

When it went missing a second time, of course, MfW was straight on at me, despite my protestations that I'd not actually used it since I found it again. Every few weeks, MfW would ask again if it had been found, which it hadn't. I'd always suspected that MfW had lost it - he does have a fairly good record for being forgetful, and I can point to various incidents like leaving the fridge door open, leaving the patio doors wide open, leaving the iron on and quite a few others, and that's only in the last six months. UF was out of the picture because, well, he pretty much does fuck all around the house, so the chances of him checking the mailbox for our place is pretty much zero.

Yesterday, when I came home from work, there was three months worth of mail sitting on the kitchen table and the mailbox key was in its rightful place in with the rest of the communal keys in the hallway. Go figure.

In addition, despite asking the housemates to sign the lease that we've had since the summer, they've done nothing about it. When the landlord phoned me yet again last week to chase it up, in a weary tone of voice I told her to chase up MfW and UF as they were the weak link.

When talk to UF about it earlier, he said it was all in control  that MfW had already signed and he was going to do it on Sunday... except MfW had only signed one copy, not both, and hadn't followed any of the instructions that were set out in a clear and understandable way in the landlord's letter.

These people are meant to be intelligent, for fuck sake.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...