Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday blues?

So the other two lads went out last night, to meet up with a group of UF's friends. As they were ending the night in a nightclub literally five minutes walk away, I guess it's no surprise that they ended up bring a group of girls back here.

It's part of sharing a house that you have to overlook these things if they don't happen often, so even though I lost nearly three hours sleep due to various shouting/door slamming going on (there wasn't a fight or anything, just the normal raised voices that people seem to adopt when they've come out of the pub and we live in rented accommodation, so the doors are all auto-closing fire doors that create a fair noise if left to close on their own - which they always are in UF's case).

What has pissed me off today is that a crate of beer that I had earmarked for taking to my brother-in-law's house today has been completely drunk. It's not the first time this has happened - MfW has opened a crate of mine before because he had none of his own. I didn't say anything then as it was the first time, but I will have to say something today.

This is on top of the continuing saga of UF - while he pays his rent and all that stuff, he essentially treats this place like a hotel. He only cleans up after himself, he has, if we're lucky, bought one packet of toilet roll in the time we've been in the house. The majority of the actual housework is done by myself and to a lesser extent, MfW. Even then, I'm not sure that MfW grasps what a bit of housework can do. While I'm in no way the most anal person in the world when it comes to tidyness/cleanliness (housewise) there are times when I would be embarrassed to bring people (girls) home when all it takes is an hour a week to run a mop/brush/cloth over everything.

Sometimes, when I'm not being pro-active about the housework, it's blatantly obvious that three guys share this house. While we're not complete Neanderthals, it's obvious that the place could do with a more regular cleaning/dusting and seeing as I do give the place a clean every fortnight or so, I'm guessing that MfW and UF aren't pulling their weight.

In fact, I know that UF is not pulling his weight as he only lives here Monday to Friday and pisses off for the weekend and he certainly doesn't lift a mop or duster during weeknights.

However, I've left it this long. Is it to late to actually bring up the cleaning/housework thing? I think I should have done this months ago. Or maybe this is just bugging me because I wanted/needed a good night's sleep last night after being out the two previous nights and that got ruined.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...