Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sunday Blues Update 2

I am renowned in my older circle of friends (from around my school days) for not liking a particular variety of beer, so it's not going to be hard to guess what MfW bought to replace the crate that he and his pals drank last weekend.

Yup, you guessed it.

This has annoyed me for a few reasons:
  1. I should have told him that I don't like it. I knew from this morning that the beer that was in the kitchen is not my favourite, but I was holding out hope that it wasn't for me. I can't decide if I am being poor at just saying that it's not a decent replacement or if I am doing the right thing by accepting the "replacement" and drawing a line under the whole incident.
  2. The beer really should have been exactly what was taken, not some random choice based on MfW's thought processes. That's the whole point of replacing it - it's bloke etiquette. If he couldn't find the beer and spirits he'd taken (which is hard because they're both available at Tesco), then he should have asked what I want as a replacement.
  3. None of the stuff should have been taken in the first place, really.
However, now I have this idea of bloke etiquette in my head, I have an idea for a completely new blog detailing my thoughts and ideas on bloke etiquette or even just modern etiquette/manners/rules for living. If I knew that it would last longer than a few weeks, I'd be actually tempted to start it up and go with it.

EDIT: A quick Google suggests that nothing is really out there so far, so it might be something that would be worth pursuing.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...