Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A very pleasant day

Despite the fact that E wasn't feeling particularly well, we still managed to have a great day. Well, I did. Obviously, I can't speak for E, but I'm guessing she did.

We met for lunch and spent the afternoon in a couple of bars, having a chat, a couple of drinks and playing some pool. To end the afternoon, we hit a few travel agents, getting quotes for flights with the plan that I might go visit E next year. Things were looking good on that front, too. E wants to take some time off to see a bit of the country and I wanted E to accompany me when travelling because I don't really like travelling alone. These kinds of experiences are best shared, I feel. So, a tentative agreement was put in place regarding that. Finer details will still need to be hammered out (specific dates, how much time E will take off from work etc.) and they probably can't be finalised until she returns home next month.

I can start having a look at various things though, which might be good for me in general by giving me something to do in my spare time (research) and also give me something to plan for (incentive to sort out the last of my finance stuff) and something to look forward to (general morale/mood boosting).

I suggested we might perhaps see each other again before she goes home, E's time and commitments permitting, od course. She was very keen to do so, which is good and again rams home how poor a friend FA2 is, despite her claims to the contrary.

The only potential spanner in the works is that I might be sent abroad by work again as they're introducing a few new policies, one of which is to present a more personal fce to our clients. That will require a permanent presence at our client's HQ and will probably require rotation of staff from our department to be on site as much as possible throughout the year.

That's not a huge disaster though as I am fairly flexible, as is E. As long as work tells me early enough (they have a habit of leaving it until the last minute and the last time this happened, I was given less than a week's notice, three days after joining the company).

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...