Monday, October 29, 2007

Another weekend down...

I was at a wedding at the weekend. To be honest, despite the fact that it was a friend's wedding, I wasn't entirely sure about going. My friend, BW, has a habit of pissing me (and others) off. It's not that he does it on purpose, but he's prone to doing extremely weird things that most normal people wouldn't do. He also has a habit of being quite selfish and demanding without putting in the work himself.

So, despite the expense and time involved, I decided to head across with FP. It turned out to be a great night. I met up with some old friends and met the new girlfriends, both of whom were lovely. I wish I'd taken more photos, but apart from that, there wasn't much wrong. The wedding itself was a little weird, which we were expecting because of BW's decision making. As a brief example, he named his brother as his best man, but the best man's speech contained about three short stories relating to the groom and the rest of the fifteen minute plus speech was all waffle. BW's brother was never in a position to offer the kind of speech and stories that a close friend could have.

I was kinda hoping to be able to grab some time with F on my way home as I was flying from an airport close to where she lives, but it wasn't to be. It actually turned out that she was about 20 minutes drive away from me for the entire weekend. D'oh.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...