Sunday, October 07, 2007

Girls (and not in a good way!)

E coming home this week brings up an interesting parallel with the break down of my relationship with FA2.

The thing with FA2 is that when she was coming home, we were essentially over as a couple. She'd been shacked up with some bloke for a few months having assumed our relationship was over, whereas I had assumed we were still an item, having missed the signs that things had changed. I managed to stumble upon this by accident a few months before her scheduled return. Pity she never told me... I missed out on a guaranteed fuck with FBS because I thought we were still together and FBS has pretty much laid it out on a plate.

So, we chatted about this on the phone, and from what I could tell, she had a lot of thinking to do and we had a lot of talking to do. I had thought, from this, that we'd spend some time together when she came home to sort things out, not just once, but probably a couple of times. In fact, I did ask for this, but met with point blank refusal each time.

When she did come home, I saw her for about four hours one night where we did do a lot of talking and were later joined by a few friends. She ended up kissing me (she initiated it all) before disappearing an hour or so later, then fell off the map for the next three weeks that she was in the UK, also failing to appear at various mutual friends houses and generally being incommunicado and then trotting off back to the other side of the planet.

We did meet a few years after that and were on friendly terms, putting the angsty stuff behind us.

Note also that FA2 was back in the UK this year for a couple of months and was even in her home city, yet what did I get? A night out with a couple of drinks? Nope. A long phone call with a good chat? Nope. An email, swapping news? Nope. I got fuck all squared. That's FA2 for you.

Compare this to E, a friend, who's home for a shorter period of time than FA2 was, but not only asked to spend some time with me, actually went out of her way to make sure we got a lot of time to spend together. We've only got one day together, but it's the entire day!

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...