Sunday, May 21, 2023

Let's go.

A while ago, I was talking to Nerdy Girl about trying to get fitter. I explained to her that I thought a lot of my problem was not motivation but more that I got overwhelmed with the amount of information that was available to me and an inability to filter it out or make it all less complex was off-putting.

She was supportive and gave it a name, but I can't remember the phrase that she used.

I did find this post/article on the web which really hits home.

I think I had a similar conversation with USHW years ago around the same thing.

It's not just fitness, though, it's pretty much anything.

I'm currently trying to plan some work on the house - an upgrade of my heating system. I need to get the gas supplier out to ensure I can get gas (I know that I can, but that's a box that needs ticking). I also need to engage with fitters, to get a quote. I need to engage with the council, to get approval. And then I need to get the work done. And I'm sat here, looking at about twelve different websites wondering where the fuck I actually start.

I've gone down this road before and given up because I could only get 1 company at a time to give me a quote, and by the time I could get a second company out, the quote from the first one had lapsed.

But I need to be proactive on this one. My current boiler is on its last legs, so I reckon I'll need a new boiler before the end of the year regardless of getting a fuel conversion done. But a fuel conversion will open up the ability to do more work to the house by reducing or changing the pipes.

I've emailed the council. Baby steps.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...