Friday, March 24, 2023

Sigh.

Semi-related to yesterday's post, I'm having further concerns about work. I've now finished for the week having done a long Monday and Tuesday because I was in the office (I try to come in early and leave late to avoid traffic, and attendance was mandatory) and had a 7 AM start this morning due to work. So by lunchtime, I'd done my hours for the week.

This has been a rough pattern for me for years. Usually, though, I would finish mid-afternoon rather than lunchtime. I would send an email letting everyone know I was logging off and that would be it. Until a few weeks ago when my manager mentioned it in a 1-2-1. Now, she didn't have a problem with it herself... but it was a co-worker who was trying to IM me, who hadn't read his emails.

I knew nothing about this. There was no email on the following Monday, no missed IM conversation... it all felt like my co-worker was pissed about something that I simply can't put my finger on.

"In future, ask your co-worker if anything needs doing before you leave," advised my manager.

This is over-management and unnecessary. I shouldn't (and won't) ask a co-worker if I can log off, having done my hours for the week. If this continues to be a problem, then I'll have to have a chat with my manager. I really hope it doesn't come to that, but I'm not particularly optimistic.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...