Sunday, March 05, 2023

Just talking.

Despite watching me for pretty much the entirety of our 13-year (and counting) friendship, KfW2 often forgets about my social anxiety issues. She's seen me be awkward and quiet in groups of strangers, large and small. I've spoken at length about my shyness on top of other social anxiety issues and I've touched upon, though not gone into any detail about, my introversion.

So, it was a bit of a surprise when KfW2 followed up a text message with a phone call last evening. We spent most of the 45-minute call talking about her upcoming week, a training course and meeting new people. She cited her own social anxiety and how it's affected her recently. We'd talked about it before, but it seemed a lot less impactful than my own. I've seen her in groups of people and she always seemed at ease meeting new people.

Last night, though, painted a new picture. Per her admission, it seems that she's as bad as I am, or nearly as bad. If she were as bad as I am, she'd still be working alongside me on a daily basis. However, I don't want to turn this into a "who's worse?" competition. We're due to actually meet in person to do fun stuff next weekend, and I hope it's something we can maybe go to a pub, sit in a corner and talk about in more detail.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...