Thursday, February 02, 2023

Let's go.

KfW2's just off the phone and it finally looks like we're doing our thing in two weeks' time. It's only about 18 months late, mind you. I feel like I should be more excited than I am, but similar to the USHW situation, it kinda feels like we've been drifting apart for ages and contact has been sporadic and mostly snatched phone calls rather than face-to-face contact. 

The pandemic didn't help; at least over the past year or so, it feels like I've barely seen her, even for birthdays and stuff. I did some babysitting last summer and there was the incident with CC tagging along to a pub trip, but I don't think we saw each other for our respective birthdays... and we always at least met for lunch if not hit the pub.

She confirmed a foreign trip away with CC later this year, which I am jealous of. I think I posted recently that while I would never be in the position to do a weekend away (I'm a bloke, after all, and she's married), just the two of us, I am jealous that CC gets that while I've had constant trouble just getting her out for a drink, lunch or a coffee.

Ah well. I'll get more excited as we get closer to that weekend, and what she has planned sounds really great and is something to get excited about.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...