Friday, February 17, 2023

Illin'

KfW2 is literally off the phone. It was a 20-minute conversation, but the answer to the question is that we're not doing our thing tomorrow. I don't mind, though I would have preferred if she'd told me a day or two ago. The thing is, she didn't actually try to buy the tickets to the thing until last night. They were sold out weeks ago. I don't want to say too much about what the thing is, but the Saturday after Valentine's Day is perhaps not the time to do it. It could be interpreted as a couple's thing, though not strictly so.

She claims that she's been ill since Xmas, but this is the first I've heard of it. That's not to say that I don't believe her, but more of a comment on how close we are these days. We have had phone calls and text messages and she's never really complained about feeling under the weather.

KfW2 was very apologetic. I tried to placate her, but she was having none of it.

"I feel bad," she explained.

"Yeah, but this is a silver lining."

"How so?"

"Well, if you'd bought the tickets ages ago when you first planned, you'd feel obliged to go out tomorrow even if you're poorly."

"But..."

"No. I want us to go out and have a great time. We're as bad as each other. You want to go out cos you've committed to it. I'd feel bad knowing you were out when you weren't feeling well. Book the tickets when you're feeling better and we'll have a ton of fun."

I heard her sigh.

"I hate to admit it, but you're right. Don't get all smug on me."

"Look, just get better, then we'll talk and arrange a new time."

And with that, we bade our goodbyes and KfW2 promised to call over the weekend.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...