Saturday, November 27, 2021

Weather talk.

I didn't get to see KfW2 yesterday. As predicted, the combination of horrendous weather and Black Friday sales meant that taxis were like gold dust. What would have been a ten minute journey by car is an eighty minute walk, all uphill. So by the time I realised I wasn't getting a cab, it was far too late to even consider walking.

I sent KfW2 a message yesterday evening, apologising for my absence. I don't know if she noticed or not at the time, but I still recall that other incident years ago, so I wanted her to know I tried and that she was in my thoughts.

KfW2 called earlier and we chatted for about half an hour. It was nice talking to her, even given the circumstances, and she suggested that she might call in if she gets some spare time this afternoon. It would be GREAT to see her.

During the call, she mentioned that CC had shown up. I had asked CC at the start of the week if she was going and she said the she knew nothing about it plus she couldn't make it anyway. I'm angry at CC for not getting in touch to ask if I wanted a lift (I'm literally seconds out of her way, so it's not a massive inconvenience), especially when I told CC that I wanted to be there for KfW2 yesterday.

The taxi situation also meant that I never made it out to see Quiet Girl and some other people. Nerdy Girl was out and about as well, so I could have called in to see her. But I didn't fancy hanging around in rain and gale force winds waiting for a taxi that might show up at the end of the night.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...