Sunday, December 27, 2020

Surprise, surprise.

I've often posted about how much I cherish KfW2's friendship, her empathy and compassion. She can be difficult and demanding as well, but her warmth can really shine through - much more than I can remember from anyone before, even AM (who was my closest friend for a long time) or FA2 (my longest relationship).

My sister's gift to me this Xmas shows that she at least knows me better than I would have given her credit. It was something that I liked immensely but probably would never have thought to buy myself - some art.

Compare that to FA2 who, when it was approaching my birthday, a few months after we'd started dating, suggested she bought me a watch. I already had a watch. I didn't need nor want another. I told FA2 this. Imagine my surprise when she gave me my gift on my birthday and it was... a watch. I don't think I completely masked the frustration on my face at the gift.

So, I'm completely in love with my sister's gift to me this year and it's already hanging on the wall.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...