Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Further random pondering.

I think that I've previously said that online dating where I live is a pretty frustrating affair. The same people pop up again and again, especially on the dating apps (Tinder, Bumble etc.)

For reasons that I don't understand, I might see the same people numerous times per week. For others, a few times per year. Attractive Neighbour, my sister's university friend, a couple of local, minor, celebs all seem to pop up every few months or so. I assume they do some dating, it doesn't work out and they eventually return. Or maybe they don't meet anyone and delete their accounts? Who knows?

One such girl was an attractive blonde woman with a great figure. We never matched, of course, but she frequently popped up and, if her pictures were anything to go by, she lived nearby. And then she stopped appearing. I hadn't seen her online for maybe a year, until a few weeks ago, when she appeared again.

No new pictures, but one important change to her profile: she now has a child. Was that the reason for the year or so's hiatus?

In itself, the story's not that interesting, more something I noticed and pondered and you all know, Dear Readers, that I've posted enough ponder here before. But the reason I was prompted into it was that I think I've just seen her at my local Tesco, doing some shopping. She was wearing a mask, but it seemed to be her, pushing a pram.

We made eye contact, but I don't think she recognised me. I was wearing a hat and mask, mind you.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...